Online Conference: 4 & 5 March 2021
The past year has been like no other for the early years sector, as the Covid-19 pandemic brought lockdowns, restrictions and multiple operating challenges in terms of safety, staffing, occupancy and sustainability. Funding shortages have been brought into even sharper relief, with forecasts of closures, but there have also been opportunities for growth and new ways of doing things that will endure. In a wider context, coronavirus has savaged the economy, but Brexit has staggered on. How do nursery businesses respond to such seismic change?
Our essential conference has moved online, taking place on the afternoon of 4 March and the morning of 5 March. An expert line-up of speakers from government, Ofsted, nursery businesses and sector organisations will tackle the big issues, dispense advice and prompt debate.
The conference includes:
- Children and Families Minister Vicky Ford on policy priorities for the early years sector (invited)
- Ofsted deputy director for schools and early education Gill Jones gives an update on the future of inspection
- Focus on the economy with Lindsay Judge from the Resolution Foundation
- Buying and selling nurseries – insight from Bertram head of M&A Phil Sartou and Mark Traynor of law firm TLT
- Arabella Dalloz of CACI will explore the latest demographic data that can inform your business strategy
- Dr Colin Michie, paediatrician and senior academic, looks at the latest research on young children and Covid-19
- Qualifications update with Julie Hyde, chief executive of CACHE
- Leading consultant Stella Louis on building a diverse and inclusive workforce
The conference is designed for:
- Nursery group directors
- Nursery owners and proprietors
- Nursery and children’s centre managers
- Headteachers and EYFS co-ordinators
- Local authority early years heads
- Early years advisers
How to register:
You can register for the online conference using the button below or click here.
The fee to attend this online event is just £149.00 +VAT per person* for access to:
- All of the live sessions across both days - view the programme
- Live Q&A with the presenters
- Opportunities to network with exhibitors and view their products and services
- On-demand access to all sessions for up to three months after the live conference date
* Click here to view the booking terms and conditions. Please note payment must be made at the point of registration and we can only accept invoice requests for group bookings of 4 or more.
Once you've registered you will receive an email from BigMarker, the online conference platform, with your joining instructions closer to the event date.